The Palais de Rumine is named after the son of Russian nobility who left the city of Lausanne several million Swiss Francs to erect a public building. Initially Lausanne’s first university, it now houses the library and several museums as well as the chambers of the regional parliament.
This Florentine neo-Renaissance-style building was constructed in 1904 in Place de la Riponne, in the historic centre of the city of Lausanne. It houses the cantonal museums of archaeology, fine arts, geology, zoology, the cabinet des médailles and the cantonal university library. A hall with seating for 294 people can be hired here.