Dec 2, 2017 - Dec 17, 2017
Veytaux - Markets
Organised as part of the Montreux-Noël Christmas events.
In between workshops, games and dancing, the castle will light up and come to life to show you how we celebrated Christmas in the olden days.
Activities for all the family!
Sounds, smells and beautiful trees adorned with pine cones will immerse children and grown-ups alike in the ambiance of a medieval Christmas. The castle, decked in green, will host dancers and storytellers who are sure to have you bursting with joy! With the castle’s rooms perfumed with the sweet smell of Middle Ages herbal teas and spices, our arts and crafts demonstrations, among others, are sure to delight the most curious among you! There will be plenty of other festivities on the bill, with workshops ranging from calligraphy and cookery to candle making!
Saturday and Sunday 2-3, 9-10 and 16-17 December from 10:00am to 5:00pm (last admission at 4:00pm)
- Characters and activities on Christmas Eve in a medieval castle
- Christmas tales with storytellers from L’Oreille qui parle group
- Medieval music and dancing with Les Pieds Gauches troupe
- Beeswax candle making workshops and beehive product displays
- Medieval calligraphy workshop for writing your Christmas cards
- Temporary exhibition "Medieval Factory"
- Medieval cookery with Le Pot des Cieux (no booking required)
Please note events are only on during the first three weekends of December!
Adults, seniors and children aged 6 and over: CHF 15.00 (free for Drako Club members).
Family (2 adults and up to 5 children): CHF 35.00
Group (from 20 people): CHF 12.00 per adult and CHF 6.00 per child aged 6 and over
No booking required.