First Catholic, then Protestant, the Saint-Martin church in Bursins has been classified as a historical monument since 1900.
The church of Saint-Martin de Bursins was probably built in the 8th century, on the foundations of an old Roman villa. But the Romanesque church as we know it, is attested since 1011. Around 1472, the dilapidation of the building led to its transformation and expansion. We took this opportunity to build the bell tower. Completed around 1518, the chapel of Saint-Nicolas has an elaborate vault that is a true masterpiece of flamboyant Gothic style.
The church became a Protestant temple following the Bernese conquest of 1536 and the Reformation. During the 18th century, it still benefited from various works. In 2004, the municipality joined the federation of Cluny sites, which brings together places historically linked to the monastic order of Cluny. The church, as well as the priory and castle of Bursins, are listed as Swiss cultural properties of national importance.