Nov 23, 2017 - Dec 31, 2017
Bô Noël is a unique and original concept enlivening Lausanne during the four Advent weeks. Activities for children and adults, as well as stalls of designers, winegrowers and terroir producers are spread around the city to give each venue in the city centre a festive air.
The programme of Bô Noël is in the image of Lausanne: close to its traditions, but resolutely modern. During the entire Advent period, there’s Christmas magic for everyone: children’s tales, the unique item that makes the perfect gift or a festive evening with terroir products. There are three market venues with three distinctive styles. On Place St-François, people gather and browse in the large covered market, where there are concerts on some evenings. To discover and buy products by local designers, Place Pépinet is the place to go. Whereas Bô Caveau, under the arcs of Grand-Pont, brings together the winegrowers of the region, where you are sure to find the wine that accompanies New Year’s Eve.
The arcs of Grand-Pont also accommodate the Children's Village proposing activities and entertainment on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday: fairy tales, games and visits to Bô-Father Christmas!
The christmas markets
- The large covered market of Saint-François, Place St-François
- Market of creators and artisans, Place Pépinet
- Children's villag, Place de la Louve
- Bô district, Flon
- The market of the soil and vine, Place de l'Europe
- Friends market, Terrace Jean-Monnet
Must haves 2017
- The Cathedral of Lausanne welcomes you from November 29th, the Great Crèche which retraces Marie and Josef’s journey. This was carried out by the Eben-Hézer Foundation which accompanies living people with a disability. Moreover, you can enjoy the impressive view of the city of Lausanne.
- In honour of the Cité Radieuse’s 50th anniversary, it will offer a candle making workshop. You can enjoy this activity alone or with your family and make your own Christmas candle scented with real bee wax !
- A truly giant christmas tree of more than 15m, will be set up at place de la Palud. More over, do not miss the mechanical animed clock that sounds ant tells a small history of the city of Lausanne every hour.
- The Igloo of the vaudois terroir will be located at Place de l’Europe... This spot will offer cheese fondues and local delicatessen.
- The tale vault, in partnership with the Payot foundation for the promotion of reading and access to culture in French-speaking Switzerland, offers free tales for children and christmas animations.
- Visits can take place every day on reservation for a group of 15 people minimum (to be confirmed). Otherwise they will be held on Thursday and Friday from 7 pm to 9 pm on registration (email@example.com).