The date of construction of the Cotterd Church is not known, but the first documents proved its existence back to 1416. In the Middle Ages, it was dedicated to Saint Séverin and its Canons depended on Saint Nicolas of Lausanne. At the beginning of the 18th Century, an important restauration endowed the church with its current belfry and a stained glass window with the coat of arms of Pastor Daniel Marmet.
A second renovation was undertaken in 1914 because a crack gave the Pastor “a poetic but inopportune view on the Vallamand-Dessous Village”. In 1966, organs replaced the harmonium and a third bell was put in place in 1979. Finally, the Church benefitted from a complete restauration from 1996 to 1997, the end of which was marked by a big celebration.